Storytelling is all the rage right now, but it’s not a fad. In fact, storytelling has been used as a method of communication for thousands of years. It’s also a great way for your hotel to create an emotional connection with your guests, increase bookings and increase positive word of mouth exposure.
In this episode, we chat with Richard Dunbar from Flip.to about the art and science of storytelling and give practical advice about how hotels can insert compelling stories within their marketing messaging.
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON BELOW TO START LISTENING.
If you like what you hear, please leave a comment below, share it with your friends, and also leave a review.
Discussion points (in no particular order, yet)
Brief intro to storytelling and the science / research behind its effectiveness
- NY Times – Your Brain on Fiction
- Moz – Combining data and storytelling for better content
- Harvard Business Review – the irresistible power of storytelling as a strategic business tool
Storytelling during inspiration
Storytelling during planning moments
- Guest may have narrowed down the list of options, and now it’s time to make a decision
Storytelling during booking moments
- It’s still possible to lose the guest here
- Continue the narrative and offer content relative to the reason the guest is booking, or even link the content to the accommodation type the guest has shown interest in
Storytelling to rekindle
- Reminds guests of their favorite moments
- Positions the hotel as a key facilitator of the experience – meaning the brand doesn’t need to insert itself obtrusively into the guest’s story
- Flip.to – A guide to visual content for hoteliers
- Flip.to – Storytelling: how to win travelers at every part of their journey
- Flip.to – Stories matter: what hotels can learn from content marketers at large
- Flip.to – Winning at experiential travel: combining data and storytelling to compel your guests
In The News
TripAdvisor opening retail store in Raleigh-Durham airport
Google begins showing Pinterest-like shoppable photos in image search
Download the Fuel & Flip.to Website Behavior Study at www.fueltravel.com/websitestudy/
Follow Us on Twitter: