We get testy with each other this week, as we talk about how to effectively run tests on your website in order to increase conversion and revenue. The episode also features a super-secret special guest from a galaxy far, far away.
If you like what you hear, please leave a comment below, share it with your friends, and also leave a review.
In this episode:
- New Trump hotel not to carry the Trump name
- Arizona Legalizes AirBNB Investment Properties
- AirBNB Local Guide Program
What should you be testing?
- Email Capture
Tips for A/B testing your website:
- You must unlearn what you have learned – If you want to feel really dumb, check out: Which Test Won
- Experimentation – no idea is a bad idea
- KPIs – Understand exactly what metrics will be measured
- High Volume Pages – test pages that get a lot of traffic before pages that get little traffic
- Iterative Testing – change one element at a time on a page, and then build upon the results
- Multivariate Testing – Common misunderstanding of what MVT is and isn’t. Keep number of variations to a minimum, as the more variations, the more traffic needed to get statistically significant results. Explain differences in testing software in how MVT is served. Device Type – Segment results based on device type and/or run different versions of test for different types
- Failure – a test that results in a negative result is not a failed test
- Questionable Outcome – indicates variations were not different enough, or that element doesn’t have an impact on conversion
- Patience – wait for the full test results
What testing software is right for you?
Follow us on Twitter: