In a shameless effort to newsjack the hysteria revolving around the release of Star Wars The Last Jedi, the Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast this week is trying to draw comparisons between the galaxy far, far away and hotel marketing. Listen to find out how well we did.
If you like what you hear, please leave a comment below, share it with your friends, and also leave a review.
1. “R2-D2! You know better than to trust a strange computer!” – C-3PO
Own your website, be in control of your own accounts, and use your own data attribution modelling. Don’t rely on other companies to tell you that their products are great. Decide that for yourself.
2. “Judge me by my size do you?” – Yoda
Don’t focus on the size of your email database or the number of facebook fans you have. Focus on building high quality and super engaged audiences.
3. “She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid.” — Han Solo
Focus on the area of your website and booking experience that actually matter. How effective it is at converting is more important than how pretty you think it is.
4. “Do or do not. There is no try” – Yoda
There are often right and wrong answers. The best way to determine whether something is a good idea or not is to test it.
5. “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” — Han Solo
The things that used to work may not still work today and they certainly won’t work sometime in the future. Don’t rely on old marketing channels and techniques.
6. “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for” – Obi Wan Kenobi
Be sure to look at the right data. Don’t get caught up with vanity metrics.
7. “Remember. Your focus determines your reality” – Qui Gon Jin
The marketing channels that you focus on should be the ones that have the biggest impact on your bottom line. Don’t jump into the bright and shiny until you’ve perfected the fundamentals.
8. “You can’t stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting” – Shmi Skywalker
There’s always something new on the horizon. While you shouldn’t chase every new opportunity, you should always experiment with a fraction of your budget and see if you can take advantage of arbitrage.
9. “Stay on target” – Davish Krail (Gold Five/Pops)
Let your data guide you and steer your decisions. Set goals and hold all your marketing to the same standards.
10. May the Force be With You….Always! – Various
I got nothing. I just thought it would be good to end on.
In The Newaies
Are The Big Flags and OTAs Colluding?
RIP Net Neutrality
Follow Us on Twitter:
Submit your questions and topic ideas on Twitter to @fueltravel.